Affiliate Marketing: How To For Beginners
Do you want to make money doing what you love?
Would you like to earn revenue while you are sleeping or on holidays with your loved ones?
If the answer is YES, maybe you didn’t know it yet, but you’ve been looking for affiliate marketing.
Why? Because it’s the best and easiest way to generate passive income.
No experience needed!
No previous online marketing knowledge required!
This is how more than 90% of the people who are striving to build their own business online get started for free.
So, let me explain you exactly how they do it so that you can follow their steps and get your financial freedom! 😉
If this is all new to you, don’t worry, you can join for free the #1 Affiliate Marketing Training Platform so that you get all the resources and help you may need (more on this at the end of this article, let’s not get ahead of ourselves).
What’s Affiliate Marketing And How Does It Work?
Basically, Affiliate Marketing consists on promoting other’s products online and get a commission when there’s a sale.
As easy as that.
You don’t even need to have your own product. You just lead people to the place (a company’s site usually) where they can find the product they’re looking for and that means revenue for you if they make a purchase.
But it gets even better! You’ll see 😉
They don’t even need to buy that specific product, as long as people arrive to the company’s page through you (you’ll be using affiliate links, which we’ll talk about later), anything they buy there will get you a commission.
Imagine you promote videogames and somebody gets to the site of the company you’re affiliated with (Amazon for instance), and they get also a PS4, or a new TV. You’re going to get commission for those items too.
Sounds awesome, huh?!
This is one of the best ways companies have to promote their products, since they rely on bloggers, youtubers and other Internet creators, and leverage their traffic to get people to visit their online stores, thus increasing their sales.
They give up a little part of their revenue for the sale (that “little part” being your commission), but in return get lots of new customers which otherwise wouldn’t.
So both the merchant (who sells the products/services, e.g. Amazon) and the affiliate marketer (who promotes them, e.g. you) get their cut, and of course the buyer gets the desired product, so we could consider affiliate marketing creates a win-win-win situation 😉
What Do You Need To Become An Affiliate Marketer?
First of all you need to change your mindset completely.
You’re going to create your own online business based on your passions, hobbies, or any of those things you so much love to talk about.
Forget about losing your precious time working for others, in jobs you don’t like, for a salary that doesn’t even fit your needs.
Putting off your life is over.
Are you ready for that?
Being an affiliate marketer doesn’t mean your not going to work anymore (SPOILER ALERT: this is not one of those get-rich-overnight schemes).
What it means is you’ll be working for your own benefit, on your own terms and on something you love to do, so that you will create a stable and thriving business online which will grow with you and provide you with that financial freedom you’ve always wanted.
And to do that, you just need to follow these 4 easy steps:
- Choose an interest. Anything you like and feel comfortable talking about (cats, guitar lessons, cooking, photography…). That would be your niche.
- Set up a niche website. The core of your business. Where all the action will take place.
- Create relevant content that engages and generates traffic. You’ll be writing reviews, product/service comparisons and all kind of related articles.
- Lead traffic to the merchant’s site through affiliate links. That’s when the revenue will happen.
How does it look to you? Pretty easy, right?
I can assure you that literally anybody with Internet access can do this. Really, anybody!
Do you have a computer and Internet connection? You’re all set, then!
Let’s break the process down so that you don’t miss a step and do it properly.
How To Choose The Right Niche?
It’s important for you to know that there’s no wrong niche.
There may be niches more profitable than others. That will depend on the commission the affiliate programs pay or the price of the products you’ll be promoting (the more expensive they are, the higher the commision), but do not focus on this just yet.
First, you need to think of that interest, hobby, activity or product you’re really passionate about and you wouldn’t mind writing about every day.
It has to be something you are very comfortable with, since you’re going to turn it into your thriving long haul business.
It can be anything, and the more specific, the easier it will be to gain awareness and trust on the Internet.
Your niche is basically going to be your audience, that group of people who search on the Internet looking for the information you are going to lay out for them.
For instance, let’s say you’re into moutain-biking. You love to meet your friends and go for a long ride every Sunday morning. Well, that can perfectly be your niche.
You like it, you know the bike’s brands, the riding equipment that suits you best, the coolest trails of your whole state…
OK. So, let’s turn your passion into money! 😉
What Is A Niche Website?
A niche website is a site/blog which focuses on a determined small part or segment of the market.
There are endless niches you can choose from: watches, jewlery, musical instruments, gaming, clothing, travel, cooking, gardening, pet care, sports…
But remember, the narrower the niche, the better: iwatches, man’s jewlery, guitars for beginners, car games, baby clothes for summer, road-trip on a RV, fat-free recipes, indoor plant care, dog food and toys, mountain-biking (to continue with our first example).
Today, it’s very easy to set up this kind of sites, it takes less than 5 minutes to have your website up and running. That’s actually how long it took me to create this one you’re reading on.
You’ll find that there’s a ton of website platforms where you can do this. What I recommend is to get yourself a WordPress-based site, like SiteRubix. They’re easy to run and very functional.
You can check out right now if the domain name you want for your niche website is available:
You pick a name, choose a theme and you’re ready to go!
Plus if you do it with SiteRubix, you sign up for free and they give you:
- 2 websites of your own, including the hosting and technical support 24/7
- Free and instant Access to The Best Online Marketing Community (check out here my full review about it), where you’ll find all the training and support you need to master Affiliate Marketing, from how to set up your website to the best way of making money with it.
This will be your place of creation from now on, where all the action will take place.
And Action means Content. Pages, posts, pictures, videos, comments…
How To Write Content That Engages?
Once you have your website set up and running, it’s time to start filling it with content.
It is precisely that content which will attract people to your site and will turn your passion into revenue.
By content, I mean the articles, reviews, thoughts, stories that you’re going to write down on your niche website, which will lead people to follow your recommendations and get (through your affiliate links) those products or services they were interested in (thus your commision for your recommendation).
So, how should content on a niche website be?
- Relevant: if your site niche is for example “mountain-biking”, make sure you write only about bikes, routes, accessories, training routines… Your goal is to become an authority on that niche, so that people trust you and follow your recommendations.
- Quality: write interesting and original content. Do not copy from others, be yourself and create your own brand around it. People will appreciate it.
- Naturally writen: lay out your ideas and thoughts like you’re explaining them to a friend. Use a natural language so that your readers see you as a person who is helping them.
- Engaging: put yourself in your reader’s shoes. Create a bond with them. Ask them to interact with you by commenting and sharing their thoughts.
- Focused on helping: people will arrive to your site looking for information or advice on a specific matter. Be the one who helps them best.
If you put all your effort and commitment and focus on creating something helpful for people, you will absolutely succeed on Affiliate Marketing.
But make sure you follow this important advice: focus on helping and the money will come. Do not do it the other way around.
You don’t want your web to look like a bunch of articles full of affiliate links all spread out randomly so that people click on them and you get money. Google and the other search engines will penalize you if you do that, and you’ll get frustrated since your content won’t rank, and you won’t get any traffic.
How To Get Relevant Traffic In Your Website?
Your main objective will be bringing people (traffic) to your site.
The more people noticing and reading your articles, the higher the chances of building a bigger audience which subscribes to your content.
Having a big audience who finds your content relevant and helpful is what ultimately will bring you revenue.
So, let me show you the main ways to get traffic to your site:
- Keywords: when you write something you’re looking for on a Search Engine (Google, Yahoo, Bing…) and wait for the results, you’re typing keywords. The Search Engine Robots look for those keywords on the net, to get the results for you, so knowing the most used keywords on your niche for a determined topic will help you rank better and get more people to reach your site.
- Search Engines: Submit your sitemap to Google and Bing. And make sure you make the most of Google Webmaster Tools, where you have all kind of resources to make easier for the robots to find your website.
- Social Media: create your page on Facebook, and share your content. Do the same on Twitter, Google+, Pinterest… The more social networks you’re in, the better. Socially interact with people, give them advice, join relevant groups and discussions and suggest people to go to your website for more information.
- Specialized Forums: look for those websites who provide discussion forums for determined products, activities or topics and join them and engage with the members helping them with their questions. The perfect place to get your most faithful subscribers.
- Paid adds: Facebook adds is a great platform to put your content out there and get new and relevant traffic to your website. For a little price you can make up campaigns and target a very specific group of population, so that you get the best results.
Now you’ve built your audience and you’re generating traffic it’s time to monetize your website with the help of affiliate programs.
How To Choose An Affiliate Program?
There are many affiliate programs on the Internet. Every niche has thousands of them, since everybody wants people to help them make sales.
You just need to go to Google and write: “your niche + affiliate program”. You’ll be amazed of the many opportunities you have to monetize your site. For instance, for the example we set at the beginning: “mountain bike + affiliate programs”, you get more than 1.590.000 results. 😉
They all usually work the same way:
- You sign up for the program (for free).
- They give you an Affiliate ID, which will helps them track your links and calculate your commissions after a sale.
- You got access to their Affiliate website, where you can look for the products you want to promote and get the affiliate links for each one of them.
- You place those affiliate links on your articles, so that your readers can click on them and purchase the items they were looking for.
It’s that easy.
You get the picture, right?
The more people reading your articles, the higher the chances they click on your affiliate links and you get a commission.
That’s why quality content matters, since it builds a quality audience which converts your links into revenue. Because when people trust you, they follow your recommendations.
If you do not want to search the net for affiliate programs, you can always start with The Biggest Affiliate Program on the Internet: Amazon.
The good thing is that they have every kind of product you can imagine, so it’s very likely that you’ll find your niche there. For instance, if you search for “mountain bike” on Amazon.com, you get more than 52.000 products you can start to promote on your site.
That’s a lot of content! 😉
Now You Know…
In a nutshell, this is how Affiliate Marketing works.
#1 – SET UP YOUR WEBSITE around your passion.
#2 – START CREATING CONTENT that engages and ADD AFFILIATE LINKS.
#3 – GET TRAFFIC.
#4 – MAKE MONEY when people click on your affiliate links and buy stuff.
Piece of cake! 😉
As I told you earlier, anybody with an Internet connection can do this. And it is the easiest and fastest way to make honest money online, by doing what you love and helping people on the way.
You can forget about scams that promise you to get rich overnight.
What Is The Best Affiliate Marketing Training Platform?
How would you feel having the support of thousands of people who have already been in your situation before, and today are proud owners of online business and have reached financial freedom thanks to affiliate marketing?
Sounds great, right?
Well, there’s an online community which gathers all the knowledge, training, resources and support from all these people, which today counts with a total of more than 800.000 members and 12 years experience on the market.
If you’re really interested in mastering affiliate marketing and getting your financial freedom once and for all, you need to check out my full review on The Best Free Affiliate Marketing Training For Beginners.
So, how does Affiliate Marketing sound to you?
If you want to start making money from home or wherever you are and be your own boss, that’s the easiest way, my friend.
Start making money out of your passion and live the life you always wanted.
And please, when do it, come back to tell everyone how you’re doing, so others can do the same.
Thanks for stopping by! 😉